Topic: Colors of Mandolorian armor?

Are we basically stuck with desert camo colors for Mandolorian armor (i.e. gray, green, tan) or can it be darker, like, say, black with a blue stripe on the helmet and blue edges?

Re: Colors of Mandolorian armor?

In Open Season the Mandalorian armor came in all different colors. They painted them to fit their individual taste.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I love Open Season. I tried getting inspired from it to color my own Mando's but I always end up with a combination of tan/green/grey/brown... The only unusual colors I ever used were black-purple for a female mando > shameless plug < tongue Nothing too flashy...

[url=http://daennika.deviantart.com]Fan art[/url]

Sweet. Thanks a lot.

I Think It All Depends Look At Jodo Kast. They Might Be Colored By Rank Too.

6 (edited by draco fett Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:05 pm)

Their armor is not colored by rank, unless you are only talking about Jaster's Mandalorians.

all mandalorians personalise there mandalorian armour, its part of there culture to make each armour suit difrent and uniqe to anyone elses, it also helped to identify there courpses after battle.

8 (edited by wizardofcars Thursday, December 14, 2006 4:49 pm)

The Mandalorian death squad's had bright red armour,  that's why the Emperor's Royal guards ware red.  Other Mandalorians such as Fett himself adorn their armour with trophies like his braided wookie scalps.  I forgot does anyone else play the S.W. miniatures game well if you don't in the Bounty hunter's expansion the Mandalorian Blade Master and Super commando have silver armour over a black body suit.

there was no Death Squad. There was, however, a Death Watch. In the Death Watch, they did not all where red. That was only the Bloodguard. Also, the did not inspire the Royal Guards in the any extreme.

This guy did: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Red-armored_Dark_Lord

I know Shadow Troopers wore all black but I still think it would be bad-ass to wear a black jumpsuit with black chrome plating. Not really for stealth but for the look and mystery about the person. I'm sure wearing the helmet would be enough to keep an air of mystery, though.

I turned my back, grabbed my gak, and guess what I told him 'fore I shot him...

Doesn't the coloring also have something to do with Clan affiliation??

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

12 (edited by virulent_messiah Sunday, December 9, 2007 1:02 am)

I only know three colors courtesy of SW Republic Commando: True Colors by Karen Traviss.

Black- Represents Justice

Green- Duty

Gold- Vengeance

It safe to say that for some, maybe not all Mando'ade, color depends on personal goals or ideals of the individual.

Maybe someone can see what other colors may mean...

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Black is for 'Justice'??  Damn

I still like it; but was hoping it was something more like "Honor," or "Warrior"

If black is Justice my guy must look like a Mando cop  tongue

Anybody know the meanings of other colors?

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

The color of mando armor is chosen by the mando, and from what i can pick up form true colors by KT is that the mando chooses the colors for their armor for their own personal tastes or how they plan to use their skills

[i]Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la.[/i]
Not gone, merely marching far away.-----[i]Mandalorian phrase for the departed[/i]

Ale'ika Skirta wrote:

The color of mando armor is chosen by the mando, and from what i can pick up form true colors by KT is that the mando chooses the colors for their armor for their own personal tastes or how they plan to use their skills

Well i read that the colors dont nessicarily dictate the mando's mission in life, They can be used to show a mission, but it can just be choice.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Well, yeah, in the RC books my namesake chose red or something because he liked the color.

Life is complex-It has both real and imaginary components.

This topic already exists -- by the exact same name -- over here and picks up, as of now, on page 5.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com