Topic: Why did Boba's dart miss so badly in Rotj?

Ok this haunts me: why did Boba miss so badly in Rotj? Ok you know when he shoots a dart 3 feet above Luke's head and Han hits hit jetpack? Why did he miss so badly? I always tell myself he missed because Han hit him at the exact same time but it still haunts me.....any help out there?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Why did Boba's dart miss so badly in Rotj?

He was flusterd, shocked that skywalker managed to slice his gun, im the boatthing was shakey too. I've thought about this aswell and thats my theory cause i know when i get flusterd, normal things that im able to do i cant.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

The Force was stronger with Luke, or perhaps someone slipped something into Boba's Java Juice tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

4 (edited by IG-88 Wednesday, January 3, 2007 8:48 am)

It was his wrist blaster not darts, but i think it was the concussion from when he was knocked out he must have been weary

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

the rangefinder was up.

Heh? What does that have to do with it?

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Boba is not necessarily the best shot. In the infamous Holiday Special, Boba misses terribly at his target. Chewbacca proceeds to take Boba's gun, and hit the target perfectly.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

The reason he missed in the holiday special is if you remember correctly, Boba was working for Vader, and missed on purpose. Sure at that time stormtroopers were disposable, but that's beside the point. If you pay attention, after Chewie shoots the stormtrooper's bike and it explodes, Boba gives a concerned gesture.

"This IS my signature."

Luke might have ducked or moved away. It was a fight, of course he's moving around a lot, and unless the darts are heat sensative to follow the target it wasn't too much of a certainty the dart would hit Luke anyway.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Even the best miss somtimes.........

.....Makes it more interesting! just think....maybe its supossed to haunt you! wink

lie less, by telling the truth less, by talking less and thinking more....hey you can't say it doesn't work... for all of us. [url=http://www.myspace.com/crayonsofdarkness]www.myspace.com/crayonsofdarkness[/url]

The gravitation field around tatooine was shifting fom south to north due to the fluxuations caused by the two moons passing too closely.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

12 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Tuesday, January 2, 2007 9:00 pm)

IG-88 wrote:

It was his wrist bnlaster not darts, but i think it was the concussion from when he was knocked out he must have been weary

That was one of my theorys.

saint_nasty wrote:

the rangefinder was up.

He was like 12 feet away, I don't think he needed it. I know I wouldn't.

Fetterthanyou wrote:

The gravitation field around tatooine was shifting fom south to north due to the fluxuations caused by the two moons passing too closely.

Woah where did you get that theory? If it was canon then that would be awesome.

I always thought Boba was a bit too careful and didn't want to shoot his allies, so he missed Luke too.

[url]http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp[/url]
Everyone should check out this movie. Too bad only chapter 1's ready.

Yeah possibly

Clone_1 wrote:

Even the best miss somtimes... makes it more interesting! just think...maybe its supossed to haunt you! wink

Lucas never intended Fett to be popular.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
Fetterthanyou wrote:

Woah where did you get that theory? If it was canon then that would be awesome.

Actualy i completely made it up, but it definately sounded better than, "I don't know, he just missed"

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

The suns were in his eyes.

His T-visor blocks the suns from his eyes.

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now.    -Boba Fett

It was a joke based on the one about gravity.

He actually caught a glimpse of Leia running inside the sail barge, that was enough to distract any man in the galaxy because Han was still blind he was immune to that.

i dont know about him missing because he was weary or anything of the sort..hes the best of the best, he has gone through gruesome things and can handle that kinda prssure like nothing compared to others..unless and here is my theory...and im not sure if the time frame lines up but i remember reading that jabba gave leia to boba so he could "have his way with her" but instead they argued all night about politics...so maybe he was still fighting about what leia said in his head...possible...maybe...

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

Its simple, if he hit Luke, then luke would have died, that means no redeptiom for Anakin, and then George Lucas's plot would be scupered.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

I think THE FLASH has just provided our true answer...

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

That's obvious and also the reason Jango had to die but I mean if there was an explanation inside the Star Wars universe.

nah, don't think there is for Boba. But as for Jango, didnt his jetpack fail when mace was charging at him

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash